Sunday, April 15, 2012

dear mom: happy birthday

today is my wonderful mother's birthday.
and even though she's already asleep,
and there are only 12 minutes left of this day, 
i just feel like i needed to give a little public shout out/ thank you to her.

and i've been sitting here for a little while,
trying to find the words to describe my mom, 
and i just don't even know where to start.

so i think i'll just share a little snippet from the autobiography 
i wrote three years ago during my freshman year at snow:


"I love my Mom. I’ve already said is that she is seriously 'Super Mom'. She is the best Mom; she's exactly the kind of mother I need. 

She is amazing in every aspect and is probably one of the best role models I could have. She is so giving and loving to everybody. She doesn’t judge people, but is nice to every person she meets, no matter who they are. She is so selfless, and is constantly giving service, even if she doesn’t have the time. 


She is involved in all of our (her children's) lives in so many ways. She loves unconditionally. No matter what I have done or what bratty or awkward stage I have gone through, my mom is one of the only ones that has been there and will always be there for me. I know that for a fact.  

Also, my mom is always so in tune with the Spirit. She changes people’s lives. I do not even want to think of where I would be if it weren’t for my mom being in tune with the Spirit. Because of her faith, I am where I am today. 


Mom sacrifices so much for her family. She has worked so many jobs so that we can have enough to get by. She always makes sure that we have a good Christmas, good birthdays, etc. Despite her busy life, she makes sure the house is clean and that we have a good meal to eat... It makes me sad when people say that they don’t really have a good relationship with their mom, because I don’t know how they are able to make it without one. Mom is a constant support in my life. I love my mom so much. I aspire to be just like her. And even though I may not have ever told her this, my mom is one of my best friends."

and there you have it folks.
i sure do love my mom.





holla.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS