Sunday, November 18, 2012

under the big top

somehow, in my twenty-one years of life, i had never been to the circus until a few weeks ago.
i daresay that i have never been as entertained as i was on that night.
there were acrobats, eerie dancing poodles, juggling ladies with the underside of their bum cheeks slightly exposed, bad-a guys riding a treacherous hamster wheel in nice silky shirts, roaring lions, a long-haired ringmaster, a lion tamer with spiffy diamond studs, flying russian men on stilts, lots of too-tight leotards, and delicious cotton candy.

and a partridge in a pear tree.
 
and because we are in russia, where everyone and everything is behind on the times
i felt a little bit like we had stepped back in time when we walked into the circus tent.
i'm pretty sure the show, the set, and probably a couple of the jugglers are the exact same as they were in the 1930's.


holla.

4 comments:

  1. This looks so fun! I haven't been to a circus yet, on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A legit Russian Circus! Wow Syd, this reminds me of Madagascar 3. Yes I actually still watch children movies that have had too many sequels. Anyways be safe in Russia, and shoot me an invite on your next international adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those poor lions. And I'm not lyin'.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS